Perfect Pet Dog Training is the premier dog training facility in Gastonia with a commitment of outstanding service to our clients, both human and canine. We are growing and looking for energetic and outgoing individuals to join our team. Primary duties include: greeting clients, walking dogs outside, extensive cleaning of the facility, handling dogs of all sizes, cleaning dishes, cleaning up after dogs inside and outside, managing group play, using positive reinforcement training techniques to teach obedience, providing a fun and safe play environment for the dogs and more. Our employees must have a strong desire to enrich the relationship between pet owners and their dogs, as well as a focus on positive team work. Prior experience in a dog training/dog daycare role is required.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is exceptional with dogs, comfortable working outside in all climates, is a strong team player and has an outstanding work ethic. They must love working with dogs AND people. We are a small team, so a positive attitude and willingness to learn and grow with us as a company is very important to us!
Additional job duties:
• Provide leadership for a group of up to 20 dogs
• Provide a structured and fun day for the dogs – working on various skills: gate control, group obedience and recall work
• Communicate with trainers and hone your basic obedience training skills
• Simple creative writing skills to send home accurate report cards
• Daily assigned cleaning duties
Skills & Requirements:
Qualified candidates must have experience working with dogs in either a daycare environment and/or training. Must love working with dogs and have no fears of jumping, barking, growling and any other dog behavior. Must be punctual, responsible, detail oriented, be willing to multitask, have good time management skills and have the ability and willingness to learn.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• Must be able to pass background check
• Candidates must be 18 years or older
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs
• Must be able to work various shifts between the hours of 7am and 6:30pm Monday-Friday
• This is a very physical job and candidates must be able to be on their feet for long periods of time and handle dogs of all sizes
• Must not be afraid to get dirty
Interested parties must apply via email and consider the following:
Candidates are to submit a cover letter, resume and 2 work related references
Please state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email
Please, NO phone calls or stopping by
Please answer these questions and send them with your cover letter or email:
1. Why do you want to work at Perfect Pet Dog Training?
2. How do you think your personality and attitude will fit with our culture?
3. What is a good reason for being late?
4. What breeds/sizes/temperaments of dogs intimidate you?
5. Are you looking for a company to stay with long term?
Please send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org